A look into the Dark Side of Soy Diets and some of the possible dangers and negative impact of eating too much soy!
You may be shocked after you read this article to find out that soy is actually NOT a healthy food choice.
Ever since my wife Karen battled cancer a couple years ago, I’ve become extremely educated and passionate about exposing the hidden poisons and toxins in so-called “healthy foods”. Most people have been deceived and mislead by billions of dollars of advertising that soy diets are “healthy”.
The truth is that soy diets have many negative factors on the body that we should be concerned about. In fact, there is even evidence that soy foods and soy diets could possibly even make you STORE MORE FAT.
Small amounts of soy are ok, but try to eliminate most forms of soy. This includes soybean oil, which is in almost all processed foods, commercial salad dressings and a ton of other big-industry foods.
It’s amazing what marketing has done to make people all over the world believe that soy diets and unfermented soy foods like soy milk and soy protein are somehow “health foods”.
I’m not claiming to be an expert on soy, but I have learned from a few people who are experts on the subject and what I uncovered could be the answer to why you’re not getting the fat loss results you desire.
I’m not going to go into great scientific detail or cite a bunch of studies, but I want to give you some quick examples of why Soy diets could actually be making you fat and hurting your health.
I encourage you to do your own research if you question any of these quick soy diet facts.
- Soy contains some of the highest percentages of contamination by pesticides of any of our foods.
- People who substitute tofu or bean curd for meat can get severe mineral deficiencies.
- Soy Protein Isolate is an Industrially Produced Food which means it’s far from Natural or Healthy.
- Soy Protein Isolate used to be considered a waste product before they discovered they could make money promoting it as health food!
- Soy contains substances that depress thyroid function.
- A very large percentage of soy is genetically modified and contains unhealthy GMOs.
- Soy Milk is NOT healthy for you.
- Soy isoflavones actually could be toxic.
- Most experts now place soy protein among the top eight allergens of all foods.
- Soy has been shown to raise bad estrogen levels in both women and men.
So, how could ALL the facts above possibly be true?
Here are just a few examples.
- The competition (meat, milk, cheese, butter and eggs) has been demonized by the appropriate government bodies. Soy serves as meat and milk for hundreds of thousands of vegetarians. Not that these industries don’t have their own weaknesses and downfalls, but it just goes to prove the natural, unethical behavior of big food industries.
- The soy industry hired gigantic public relations firms to get more soy products into schools and on their menus. The USDA responded with a proposal to scrap the 30% limit for soy in school lunches.
The ‘NuMenu’ program would allow unlimited use of soy in student meals. By adding soy to meats like hamburgers, tacos, and a bunch of other foods, dieticians can get the total fat content below 30% of the calories so they could meet government guidelines.
- Soy milk (which is loaded with hidden sugars and a bunch of other unhealthy side effects) has posted the biggest gains, soaring from $2 million in 1980 to $300 million in the US last year. Recent advances in processing have transformed the soy diet beverage into a product that anybody will drink because it tastes sweet, like a fast-food milk shake.
This is just a sample of the power the food industry has to manipulate the masses. The media has finally started to question soy and started exposing some of its hidden dangers.
People are finally starting to learn that soy is NOT a miracle health food, and more and more expert scientists are issuing warnings about soy.
I hope this article has raised your level of awareness of the negative impact soy diets can have on your long-term health.
I also hope you consider reducing or eliminating your consumption of soy foods, soymilk, or soy protein. A great way to do this is to use things like organic, free-range poultry and eggs. Grass fed beef is also great health alternative to soy diets.
Until next time,
P.S. Since were so passionate about the fat loss truth here at GL-12, we’re going to continue to bring more of this stuff your way – things like the hidden dangers of corn, dairy and wheat. Coming soon. 🙂