Inflammation is a double-edged sword.
On one hand, you simply can’t burn fat or recover properly when suffering from chronic inflammation.
On the other hand, you NEED small amounts of inflammation which protect your body by removing damaged cells, irritants, and pathogens.
In other words, inflammation is part of your body’s immune response, which helps speed up healing from a cold or flu, for example.
However, most people are unknowingly suffering from chronic inflammation, which damages your cells and stops your body from shedding unwanted weight.
And it can show up everywhere in the form of:
– Rheumatoid arthritis: Inflammation of the joints.
– Celiac disease: Inflammation of the inner lining of the small intestine.
– Psoriasis: Inflammation of the skin.
– Metabolic Syndrome: A disorder of energy utilization and storage
that has been shown to occur in up to 34% of the U.S. population.
But the good news is that what you eat can greatly reduce chronic inflammation.
For example, there is a protein inside your body that can trigger chronic inflammation, especially in the intestines.
But when you combine Ginger and Turmeric you can greatly reduce this inflammatory effect.
Eating ginger reduces the inflammation in the intestines, while eating turmeric (which gives curry its yellow color) “turns off” the inflammatory effect of this particular protein.
So what are some other foods that are loaded with anti-inflammatory
I’m glad you asked 🙂
– Raw Nuts (loaded with alpha linoleic acid – ALA)
– Wild Caught Fatty Fish (MUST eat broiled or baked to preserve the Omega 3s)
– Dark Leafy Greens (VERY alkaline, which fights against inflammation)
– Garlic (been shown to be as effective as NSAIDs, like ibuprofen)
– Onions (contain allicin and quercitin, both are anti-inflammatory)
– Organic Berries & Tart Cherries (super high anti-oxidants and anthocyanins)
– Beets (super anti-oxidant food, which protects against cancer and heart disease)
– Tomatoes (rich in lycopene which has been shown to reduce inflammation)
– Peppers (chili and cayenne peppers are rich in anti-inflammatory capsaicin)
Now you just have to make sure that you go out of your way to AVOID the TOP 5 worst cooking oils or eating all these foods above will just be a waste of your precious time and effort.
Just make sure you avoid these at all costs:
Keep going strong,