Believe it or not, consumption of chocolate has been proven to…
– Reduce risks of cardiovascular disease and stroke
– Help stabilize your blood sugar
– Improve your blood pressure
– Show more benefits than red wine and tea, because it packs even more antioxidants
– Improve gut flora
– Be a potent anti-inflammatory
But these benefits can only be found in dark chocolate that has at least 70% cocoa content.
So the more cocoa your chocolate contains, the healthier it will be.
Here is a healthy and delicious metabolism-boosting hot cocoa recipe you can try below.
Shaun’s Wife, Karen
Karen’s Metabolism-Boosting HOT COCOA Recipe
1. Buy some unsweetened organic cocoa powder (NOT the pre-packaged hot chocolate garbage that is usually loaded with sugar, corn syrup solids, and hydrogenated oils) and mix a heaping tbsp of organic cocoa with 10-12 oz of unsweetened almond milk in a small saucepan over very LOW heat.
2. Using a whisk can help blend the cocoa evenly. I like to add 2-3 tbsp of coconut cream from a can to add more healthy fats (a source of MCTs) to this delicious healthy hot cocoa.
3. Add some stevia and a touch of vanilla extract while stirring over the low heat, and in a few minutes, you’ll have a delicious, creamy, frothy mug of healthy hot cocoa — WITHOUT all of the sugar and trans fats that are loaded into a typical pre-packaged hot cocoa mix.
4. You can also add a half scoop of your favorite vanilla or chocolate protein powder and stir to mix together on the stove.
5. In the final drink concoction, you’ll get the satisfying shot of chocolate along with muscle-feeding, fat-burning protein, a nice dose of fiber from the cocoa, healthy fats from the coconut cream
(including powerful medium chain triglycerides), and a mega-shot of healthy antioxidants overall too!
You end up with a super healthy hot cocoa that has virtually NO sugar, so you can avoid the fat-storing blood sugar spike you get with normal hot cocoa.