Diabetes Drugs and Deception:
Although carb cycling can be very beneficial for keeping insulin and fasting blood sugar levels stable, I would never recommend it to a diabetic without professional
It’s simply not my area of expertise.
But one of my great friends, appropriately named “The Nutrition NERD” recently did some intense research on diabetes drugs and what he found was pretty disturbing.
Take it away Nick…
I received this reader question the other day and it really bothered me I didn’t know the answer…
…After all, I am a Nerd. 🙂
“What about people with diabetes? Is it dangerous for people with diabetes or pre-diabetes to use strategies like fasting or carb cycling?”
I don’t claim to be an expert on this subject, but before ever thinking about “fast fat loss,” diabetics or people with sugar issues should think about taking care of their health first.
So I decided to do what I do best — do some research on the subject.
And what I found is not pretty.
It all starts with this fair warning…
Seems like every doc under the sun tries to convince you that diabetes can’t be reversed.
OK, this is mostly true when it comes to type-1 diabetes, which affects only 5% of people with diabetes, so if you fall into this category, you’re stuck with it for life.
But type-2 diabetes, which affects 95% of people with diabetes,
is caused by poor diet and bad habits.
So it’s both avoidable and even REVERSIBLE with proper diet,
exercise and supplementation.
And of course, no one in the medical community talks about this truth…
Instead, they prescribe more and more diabetes drugs every year.
One study in the Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety journal revealed that the use of diabetes drugs is on the rise. In 2000, there were 9.6 prescriptions/patient-year — while that number had increased to 14.8 prescriptions/patient-year in 2006.
Ironically, this huge increase in the use of diabetes drugs has been followed by a huge increase in type-2 diabetes in the last few years.
Today, researchers have determined that of the children born in the year 2000, 1 of 3 will suffer from diabetes at some point in their lifetime.
But the WORST fact I could find during my research is just how much the most popular diabetes drugs are terrible for you in the long run.
Here are 4 of the worst Diabetes drugs I could find:
– Has been linked to a 43% increased risk of heart attack and a 64% higher risk of cardiovascular death compared to patients treated with other methods!
– The drug is currently the subject of over 13,000 lawsuits against GlaxoSmithKline…
– In June 2011, France decided to ban this drug after studies found that using it for one year may be associated with an increased risk of bladder cancer
– Shortly after, Germany recommended their doctors to STOP prescribing this dangerous drug based on the same risks – In response, the FDA announced that Actos would still be diagnosed everywhere in the US, but that they would add a mere
mention on the label about the cancer risks…
– This drug leads to major pancreatic problems in type-2 diabetes patients
– At the same time, it’s 10X more expensive than generics. A huge price to pay to destroy your pancreas and put your health at risk…
– Inhibits the DPP-4 enzymes in your body, which may allow some cancers to progress
What Should You Do Instead?
I’m NOT telling you to stop taking your drugs, or to stop taking your insulin shots. That would be insane and dangerous.
But it IS possible to reduce how much you rely on them, and eventually completely eliminate them and cure your type-2 or pre-diabetic condition — using food, supplements and exercise.
(Of course, you’ll have to inform your doctor about your plan and consult him frequently.)
If you want a complete plan to “naturally” reverse diabetes, whether it’s for you or someone you care about, make sure to check out this presentation below.
This is, by far, the best solution I’ve come across during
==> Diabetes Drugs Deception
Hope you learned something new like it did!
Nick “the Nutrition Nerd” Pineault